by Mary Alice Carnes, Community Relations Director
This year Theatre Action Project is soliciting special individuals to serve as Volunteer Project Leaders for some very specific initiatives. Volunteer Project Leaders with direct special assignments this new school year. Read further if you’re ready to hear about this call to action. Warning: your participation may involve being a creative artist, critical thinking, being a confident leader and fun…
Your mission as a Volunteer Project Leader–should you decide to accept it–is to recruit a task-force of volunteers from our very special list of operatives. Your assembled team will meet to brainstorm ideas for special projects in a timely manner, find a productive way of meeting your goals, and above all use your creativity and have fun.
Volunteer Project Leaders and their volunteer operatives will help Theatre Action Project in the coming year accomplish unique missions, such as:
- Creating Fun Hats: Making and decorating paper bag hats in the weeks leading up to I Spy Pie! our fall fundraiser October 20th at Central Market North. Yes, it’s as fun as it sounds.
Spiff up and Beautify: Watering the plants at Theatre Action Project’s outdoor patio, trimming branches, pulling a few weeds, and keeping the landscaping neat and clean. Schedule to be determined by the team of operatives. Easy as pie!
- Hosts: Help plan the TAP Fall Open House on October 4th. It’s a meet and greet where we invite the public and potential new volunteers to meet the staff, enjoy tasty foods and beverages and learn and how to get more involved with TAP.
Arts and Crafts Team: Brainstorming and executing fun arts and crafts activities for youth and families at El Buen Samaritano’s Hands for Hope Thanksgiving event, Saturday, November 17. Also, making bracelets and journals for our TAP in the classroom programs.
- Self-satisfaction of doing good in your community.
- Helping TAP meet it’s mission.
- Meeting and working with other leaders and volunteers.
- Adding skills to your resume.
These are only a few of this fall’s special assignments for Volunteer Project Leaders and their team of operatives. Are you ready to answer the call? If so, contact, Mary Alice Carnes, email: email@example.com. This message will not self destruct.