by Brian C. Fahey, TAP in the Classroom Program Director
After two years as the TAP in the Classroom Program Director, I am leaving Austin and Theatre Action Project at the end of the month to move back to my home state of Massachusetts. While I’m looking forward to being closer to my family, there are many things I will miss about TAP and the family of artists who carry out its important mission, including:
- Witnessing the daily impact of our TAP in the Classroom performances.
- Receiving continuous feedback from schoolteachers and administrators on the positive change our residencies have had on school culture.
- Our community events. Whether it’s the Kite Festival, Youth Arts Festival, Austin Kiddie Limits or the Big Hair Country Fair it’s always a good time.
- CAMP! Even through the hot Texas summers our campers create some amazing work: Films, dances, puppet shows, original plays – our campers do it all.
- Working in a colorful bustling office filled with puppets and productivity.
- The TAP Staff. I’ve learned so much from all of my colleagues.
I look forward to witnessing TAP’s continued growth from afar. And I’ll be back to visit often.
Until we meet again!