by Katie Grills, Community Relations AmeriCorps VISTA
The results from Theatre Action Project’s Volunteer Satisfaction Survey are in, and we’re thrilled by the response that we received.
Here are some highlights from our feedback:
- Working with youth was a very high priority for most of our volunteers.
- Volunteers wanted to include more creativity in their lives.
- Most volunteers saw the possibility to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Our volunteers were overwhelmingly satisfied with their experience working with us.
- Most volunteers indicated that they were either very or extremely likely to volunteer with us again, as well as recommend TAP as a place to volunteer to their friends or family.
Here are some of our volunteers’ comments from the survey:
- “…it was very easy to get involved.”
- “I volunteered because I wanted more experience with kids. Your summer camp was the perfect opportunity to do so.”
- “I particularly enjoyed one teaching artist who did film-making with the kids. His way of film-making with kids was loose, fun, creative and fast paced, I will remember his tricks and techniques for future projects with kids!”
- “Great group of people to work with, from diverse backgrounds and experiences.”
There were also some fantastic suggestions made to improve our program, including ways to better register and organize volunteers before events, ways to integrate volunteers into the classroom experience, and suggestions for improving our communication with volunteers.
We greatly appreciate all that you do, and cannot wait for another great school year to begin!