by Mary Alice Carnes, Community Relations Director
This month Austin’s own EcoClean is supporting Theatre Action Project by donating 5% of their Wednesday sales to support TAP programs. Won’t you join us in this endeavor? Your support helps the TAP team as they inspire youth to be creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers and confident leaders.
EcoClean touts these benefits about their wet cleaning process:
- Garments are cleaner.
- Wet cleaned garments will never develop that yellow look commonly seen on items that have been repeatedly dry cleaned with perc (tetrachloroethylene)
- Clothes don’t come home with residual amounts of harmful chemicals like perc, which off-gas and contaminate cars and homes.
- Clothes don’t have that stinky “dry cleaned” smell (again, toxic perc).
- Wet cleaning is often able to remove stains a traditional dry cleaner can’t fix.
- Garments fade less and the fabrics don’t incur as much damage from repeated washings.
- Wet cleaning eliminates the risk of perc contaminating groundwater.
- Neighbors are safer from air exposure to perc.
- Wet cleaning is more energy-efficient than dry cleaning, resulting in a reduced carbon footprint.
Visit EcoClean and support Theatre Action Project today. Only two more Wednesdays in February are left.