A VISTA member serving in this position will be a crucial component of implementing and delivering comprehensive, high quality after school programs to youth. This VISTA will be supervised by the Program Director and will:
- Help administer monthly payroll to the teaching artists
- Create schedules
- Communicate with schools administrators
- Manage, coordinate, and schedule substitute Teaching Artists
- Manage After School volunteers
- Assist with program evaluation
- Facilitate special events
- Develop Curriculum and contribute to projects that enhance TAP Programs
- Assist in acquiring In-kind goods to support programs
- Recruit and manage a TAP Parent Council
A member in this position will have the opportunity to gain numerous professional skills including: scheduling, supervision, volunteer management, communications, teaching, classroom management, and theatre in education teaching methodologies.
Recommended skills and qualifications for all VISTA positions:
1. Bachelors Degree from an accredited University
2. Demonstrated leadership ability and strong interpersonal skills
3. Ability to work well and communicate with diverse populations
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; evidence of strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building
5. Self-starter, with ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
6. Ability to evaluate complex factors and develop and execute complex plans
7. Excellent computer and word processing skills, including Microsoft and Adobe Suites
8. A passion for working with youth development and education
9. An interest in the arts
10. Access to reliable transportation
11. Fluency in Spanish a plus
What is AmeriCorps VISTA? http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp
AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965 and incorporated into the AmeriCorps network of programs in 1993, VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for more than 40 years.
- The pay rate for Austin is $977 a month (Annual Salary: $11,724)
- The End of Service Education Award is $5,350.00. If you chose to take the stipend instead you will receive $1,500.
- Before starting at TAP you will attend the Americorps VISTA Point of Service (PSO) Training 11/2/2010-11/5/2010. TAP start date: 11/8.
How to Apply:
2. Search: Theatre Action Project
3. Complete Application
4. After completing the AmeriCorps Application, please send a cover letter and resume to Megan Fullen: email@example.com